Tuesday 6 April 2010

The Tale of a Little Handmade Mouse.

Hello to you all, I hope you all had a lovely Easter Weekend! we certainly did and despite the bad weather forecast there was some spring like sunshine about for awhile at least!


I have been trying to complete a little craft project that I have had on my mind for some time now. My eldest daughter received a lovely gift at Christmas from the Danish company "Maileg" a baby mouse inside a matchbox complete with a pillow, mattress and blanket! It is so adorable and has proved very popular with all my nieces who come to play! I decided to try and make something similar to give to one of my Nieces for her birthday this week.

I found a free pattern for a little knitted mouse on Ravelery.Com you just have to sign up and search for "Marisol Mouse" if you would like the pattern. It was really quick and easy to knit up and made use of various bits of wool that were lying unused in my chaotic wool basket. Here she is:



Next up I needed a small box for the matchbox, I found this cardboard box with lid in HobbyCraft and it only cost 75p!




Then some bedding made out of some leftover Cath Kidston fabric scraps. I embroidered my Nieces name on the pillow




Finally a cosy pink knitted blanket.



I intend to cover the box with a photocopied image of an original matchbox and glue some fine grade sandpaper on one side to make it look more like a matchbox. I think my Niece will like her gift judging by the ongoing arguments of my two girls as to who should have little mouse! I for one shall be sad to see her leave, but I know she will be well loved. Lisa x


1 comment:

  1. That is just so sweet! Your niece will surely love it.

    ReplyDelete