Monday 12 April 2010

My New Best Friend




Hello all, hope the sunshine is still shining where ever you are! Fingers crossed the weather will continue to be so lovely for the remaining half term holidays! I have just received a very special baby blue bike! I have been wanting to get back on a bike for too many years and kept finding reasons why it would never work in our family. My good fortune a lady knocked on my door about 1 month ago doing a survey for BetterByBike she wanted to know my general feelings on Bikes and whether I rode or not. Anyway to cut a long story short, she was offering the use of a free bike for 6 weeks in return for me getting out and recording my journey! Well I jumped at the chance as this was a good way for me to give it a go and see if I could actually revert to using a bike instead of car all the time. I have had the bike for a few days now and am loving it, I know the weather has helped, I am not so sure I would love it so much in the rain and wind, but, nonetheless I have been out and about with my eldest daughter and we have had loads of fun. My husband is going to fit a toddler chair on the bike for me so I can take the little one out as well,I just hope I am fit enough to cycle with her on board too! Hopefully if the weather stays good we are off to cycle on the Bristol and Bath Railway Path later in the week, so wish me luck! and I will inform you of my little journey later on in the week.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely bike, great colour!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new bike! Do you get to keep it? It is my favorite color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with the bike! I left you an e-mail with my address yesterday, i hope you got it. If not could you let me know via my blog and I'll try again, bloomin e-mails. xxx Pixie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh I like your new best friend, fab colour!

    ReplyDelete