Saturday 17 April 2010

My Bike adventure

Hello all! just a quick post today, I wanted to mention my little jaunt on the Bristol to Bath Cycle path on Thursday. I had a wonderful day although as usual forgot my camera so no pics to accompany this post! I did quite well and managed to cycle 11 miles which for me is amazing! More impressive to me though, was my 7 year old who has only been riding a bike for a few months who left me behind and did the whole journey with ease! I was sat on my bike thinking "How did that happen?" You see in my mind I am the same person I was 20 years ago still able to do all the things I did then with ease, and now, I find I can't actually do all those things so well! How ridiculous is that! Well I am determined to address this imbalance and sort myself out! My husband told me not to be so stupid! and accept the fact that I am hitting the big 40 this year, so things are bound to slow down! He is a so and so! he loves to wind me up about things like this lol. I did despite my little trip down memory lane really enjoy the ride and can't wait to go back again! Hopefully next time I will be able to see my daughter in the distance rather then having to yell out loud for her to stop hoping my voice carries on the wind! he he! Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! Lisa x

2 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you're getting out and doing things you once did. It won't be long before you do them again with ease :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did great to ride that far.
    I just popped over to say hi as we are partnered in the "Good enough to eat Swap".
    Can't waut to star gathering goodies for you.
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete